Microeconomics 1a - M1 MAEF, M1 IMMAEF, QEM1
Aperçu des sections
- Microeconomics 1A: Individual Decision Making
Microeconomics 1A: Individual Decision Making
General PresentationThe course Microeconomics 1A deals with individual decision making by producers and consumers.Course Content
- Elena L. del Mercato (Elena.delMercato@univ-paris1.fr)
- Année universitaire : 2018/2019 - Premier Semestre : du 17 Septembre au 24 Octobre 2018 (INCLUS) - 18 heures de cours et 24 heures de TD
- Cours en anglais
- Class: Every Monday 14:00-15:30 (Course), 15:30-17:30 (TD), and every Wednesday 9:00-10:30 (Course), 13:00-15:00 (TD) - Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
- Please notice that the TDs of Microeconomics 1A start the same week as the Course, that is on Monday, September 17, 2018
- FINAL EXAM (Examen Partiel) : December 10, 2018, from 15h30 to 17h30 - Room 117 - MSE
- Production and Firm Behavior. Production set, transformation function, production function, examples and basic properties. Competitive behavior, profit maximization, profit function, supply function, properties. Differential characterization of the supply for a differentiable transformation function. Cost minimization, cost function, demand of inputs, properties. Differential characterization of the demand of inputs. Relationship between profit maximization and cost minimization.
- Consumption, Rational Behavior and Market Demand. Consumption set, preferences, properties of preferences, utility representation, properties of utility functions, examples. Budget constraint, utility maximization problem, competitive demand, properties and computation on some examples. Differential characterization of the demand. Choice rules. The Weak Axiom of Revealed Preference.
The Class Notes are available below.
- Mas-Colell, A., Whinston, M.D., Green, J., "Microeconomic Theory", Oxford University Press, 1995: Chapters 1-5.
- Microeconomis 1A, Class Notes 2018: Chapters 1, 2 and 3 (pages 1-50).
- Mathematical Appendix for Economics, Class Notes 2018, pages 1-12.
The Problem Sets (Feuilles de TD) will be posted online every Monday/Wednesday.
- Class Notes and Problem Sets
Class Notes and Problem Sets